Fifth to Eighth Grade
The ethos of ILM Middle School is that it welcomes and embraces a technology-supporting environment, in order to facilitate learning by today's Common Core Standards. Not only is each classroom furnished with up-to-date Promethean boards, but each student is also given an iPad to expedite learning to the highest levels.
ILM Middle School promises to explore and deliver new pursuits in teaching and learning. We do not believe in a cookie-cutter approach to teaching, as there is no 'One size fits all' curriculum. As a private school, we are blessed to have the flexibility to design our curriculum to meet our students' needs, but at the same time, we do meet and exceed the Common Core Standards. Our curriculum is entrenched in the love of learning through visual, auditory, and kinesthetic measures. We cover all facets of academic learning from the core subjects, to science and social studies, and still concentrate upon Arabic, Qur'an, and Islamic Studies. We also understand the need for students to be engaged in physical education, as well as explore their artistic and creative talents.
Just because we deliver all areas of mainstream education, we never compromise upon a safe Islamic environment. Islam is at the core of the students' daily lives. Students are segregated upon their gender, wherever, and whenever possible. We realize that students are entering adolescence, and therefore, this is a sensitive and a vulnerable time for them. We assure you, that every policy is tailored with this reality in mind. We provide an extremely safe environment, to prevent our precious Muslim youth from becoming contaminated with any corruptive influences. This is at the heart of our mission and vision, and we never veer away from our guarantee, Alhamdullilah.
Why ILM Academy's Middle School?
- Curriculum aligned with Georgia Standards
- STEAM integration in pedagogical practices
- Scaffolded teaching strategies with a focus on formative assessments
- Celebrate and nurture unique strengths & talents through various competitions & contests
- Focus on building student public speaking skills & confidence through many in school and out of school opportunities
- Writing and creativity skills are encouraged through Middle School newsletters and writing publications
- Levels and differentiation in Quran & Arabic
- Students learn and practice the Islamic way of life beyond just textbook knowledge.
- An environment where Muslim students feel safe, respected and have the ability to grow
- Islamic values are taught across all subjects to guide students in making the right choices & decisions throughout their life
- Consistent uplifting Tarbiyah sessions throughout the middle school years
- Rigorous academic programs and projects to prepare the students for high school and beyond
- Hifz program available for qualified 5th - 8th-grade students
- Islamic Studies curriculum designed to teach Deen as a way of life
- Social & emotional growth according to the principles of Islamic values
- Qualified teachers and staff Extracurricular activities and clubs
- Youth mentoring program to provide exposure to various career paths
- Students consistently perform above the national average in standardized tests